Friday, August 20, 2010

Changing up the house

So yes, I am 25 weeks pregnant now and my decorating bug is hitting in full blast. Our amazing Modesto folks gifted us some fun "Baby Doug" room money (that IS NOT his name) so I got to do some shopping in preparing for his arrival in a few months. It's a bitter sweet thing for me since I LOVED my office and the feel it provided but when you live in a 3 bedroom house with 2 kids, the office has to go. In the meantime we are doing a half office half nursery for Baby Brycen (his potential name at the time). I know myself, this half and half thing will not last long since I will want his room to look perfect and "cute." Ug. :) So, here is a before picture of the room where the A. Blake Photography magic happened....

...And here is the combo room attempt thus far. We are definitely not finished since we will need to take some stuff off the walls, hang new stuff and get a bed skirt and such but at least it is a start. I have to admit, it's made it a little more real for us. Addie now calls everything "baby brother's room." She will also tell us that "baby brother is going to cry alot." :)




As for Addie's room, it is practically finished. I laugh because Chris is the one who has honestly come up with the majority of the stuff in her room....he is so an HGTV fan. Living with small bedrooms and no playroom, we have gotten creative on how to make a bedroom/play area for her. She is loving her new room. She will literally sit at her little table and have a tea party or play with her magnetic dolls for 45 minutes by herself. Love it! It's fun to see her pretend play with her toys and chat it up with them. She is getting so big.




1 comment:

Kate Kehne said...

Such adorable rooms! Hope you are feeling well! You sure are staying busy!