Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The big 3-0

Hello thirties. I honestly feel like I have been in my thirties for longer since my lovely husband is a few years older as well as some of my best friends. I wasn't sure what it would feel like to celebrate this birthday but it wasn't all that bad. Yes, the night before I had a brief reflection of "what in the world have I done with my life" but I have to say that God has been faithful in blessing me in so many ways. I have an amazing husband and 2 beautiful kids...I don't think I need much more.

Chris surprised me with a party of all my close friends on Thursday. I was supposed to have drinks with a dear friend that night and she "cancelled" last minute. I have to say I was rather bummed since I was thrilled to indulge in a margarita with endless chips and salsa. Deflated from my date canceling, I called Chris and said I would join him at the pool with the kids (he was already down there) and I changed into clothes to something more comfortable. I arrived at the pool to the surprise party and I have to say I had NO CLUE! I instantly starting laughing since Chris got me good, I saw my friend who was supposed to meet me for drinks, and I realized I changed into a super frumpy outfit right before leaving (I did look cute before). It was a great time eating hotdogs, burgers, and cake while all the kids ran around. It was crazy but it's our life.

My actual birthday was spent with the family...went to the Children's Museum. That evening Chris surprised me again with sitters for the kids (thank you Kim and the Pulliams) and a limo for an amazing date night out. We had an incredible 2 hour dinner on the patio of Novo in SLO (the very restaurant used in the Oprah segment for talking about SLO being the happiest place in America...too funny). We enjoyed a bottle of wine, too much food, coffee and cake then headed home in the limo. Like I said, I have an amazing husband and he made me feel spoiled. Not a bad way to start off the thirties.








1 comment:

Nicky Jensen said...

Happy belated Birthday!
You two are so great and Ashley, you're looking smokin for your fun B-day night! Good job Chris!
Miss you's!
-Nicky