Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The super hero family

Our sweet friend Jocelyn turned 30 and her son turned 4 so of course we had to have a super hero party...Jocelyn is extremely creative. Now as many of you might know, Chris and I are not the best "dresser-uppers" for parties even though we have done Young Life skits for who knows how long. However, I was determined to jump into the festivities so I dug out all my possible super hero creativities I had. Addie was Super Princess since she LOVES her Rapunzel dress and Brody was Super Baby. I made capes for them both which made me laugh. Chris was a wanna-be Batman and I was Super America...luckily for us, the amazing Hendrix family let us into their costume world for help. All in all, it was beyond fun rollerskating with all our friends while our capes flapped behind us. I suggest everyone should try it sometime...you feel extreme. :) Addie got to experience her first time on skates and Chris was thrilled. She cried at first but lucky for her, her daddy is very patient and taught her the ropes.









1 comment:

bethdunn said...

I LOVE the superhero picture- captures the Blakes beautifully!
You've always been heroes in my book!