Friday, March 20, 2009

and it smokes...

I remember since I was a little girl my mom always telling me the verse that when God touches the mountains they smoke. Living in SLO County, we are constantly seeing fog on the surround mountains and this verse comes to mind. I was driving (yes, driving) to San Luis Obispo earlier this week and here was the view. It made me almost pull over a few times to just take it in. Wow. We have been in banquet mode for Young Life lately and it hasn't always been encouraging, however, this sight brought me peace...it was as if God was reminding me that He is here, He is near, and He is powerful.



2 comments:

x]Hannah[x said...

Thats Cool Ash!

Bree and Greg said...

Oh I miss that view SO much!! When I was a nanny in Santa Margarita I felt so lucky every time the fog would come over those mountains!! So beautiful!!