Thursday, July 16, 2009

San Francisco

I had a wedding in San Francisco over 4th of July weekend. So, Chris flew to San Francisco from his monthly long assignment at Oakbridge and we had a great weekend hanging out and being a family again. While I was off working, Chris and Addie spent some great time bonding and playing around the Fisherman's Wharf/Pier 39 area. Addie got some pictures of her and "Papa's Island" as well as an exciting ride on the carousel...she loved watching other ride but got rather fearful when she was on. She ended up on Dad's horse. I finished up my wedding around 4:00 so we all got to spend the 4th of July together. We had a fun time at dinner at the Rainforest Cafe (note: Addie did not like the gorillas and would close her eyes when they acted up). Later we walked closer to the water and saw the great firework show. It was so much fun! I found myself wanting to freeze time because we were all together, there were fireworks, Addie was laying on my shoulder (beyond tired but loving the lights) and Chris was hugging us.

The next day we met up with Papa and Meme at the SF Zoo. It was the perfect sized zoo to not feel overwhelmed or bored. Addie LOVED the goats and getting to chase them around. It was nice to spend the day with Chris's folks since we don't get to do so enough...they are so good to us and Miss Addie.














No comments: