Friday, July 31, 2009

Shutter Project

We always heard that one becomes a little more handy once a house is bought...I have to admit that this has happened for Chris. He's such a quick learner and retains anything he learns (don't play trivia with him). Well, over this past year we have made a few things to enhance the house. The latest is the shutter for cover up these huge cutouts in our main sitting area. They are random holes designed for a tv and who knows what else...ever since we bought the house we hoped to cover them. Here is where handy Chris comes in. He has build them all by himself and even made them match the color and design of our other furniture. It's rather impressive. I wish I could admit I helped, but all I did was help keep the wood from moving while he cut and gave Chris my sunglasses for eye protection. Addie enjoyed the time outside reading on her Pooh towel and laying on top of her sandbox.









2 comments:

Atkinson said...

ha! she is so cute..love the ones of her "sunbathing" on her sandbox!!

Hamon family said...

I'm impressed with Chris just jumpin in a and doing it! How close are they to being done?