Sunday, April 22, 2012

April happenings

I am still in awe that April is almost over...where did this month go?! Here are a few highlights:
Brody and food...we seriously feel like we feed him 24/7.
Addie's new favorite thing is chocolate milk thru the crazy straw.
It's true...Mel and I did our first 5K run. There are many stories around this whole thing but all in all it was awesome! We are hoping to kick it up a notch and attempt a 10K. Sigh, running is not my favorite thing (sorry Tara!) but we are trying. I realized that I live in such a beautiful area and it's kind of fun running farther than 1-2 miles.
After the race...mission completed.
Ha! We watched the Hamon kids the other night and ran into a slight problem. Soren and Brody have the same monkey they sleep with and Brody was being a bully. Although Brody already had his in his hand, he kept stealing Soren's. Naturally Soren would cry. When we took Brody away, he literally threw a fit because he couldn't have Soren's too. We eventually had to take Brody upstairs to just remove the temptation altogether.
Easter cookies (thanks Grammy) decorating with the Van Patten beauties. I think they all just ate candy instead of really decorating.
TRACTORS!! Okay, so Brody is OBSESSED with any type of truck, tractor, bus, FIRE TRUCK, or big object that moves. He will make his truck sound whenever he seems them and gets fired up. It's very humorous.
Brody and Addie both came down with RSV. Yes, this is Brody's second time getting this stink in' virus. Both kids were a bit miserable for a week with high fevers. Luckily for me, I got some pretty good cuddles from the two. Praise the Lord we are healthy...for now.

1 comment:

The Flemings said...

I'm so proud of you Ashley and you are running more than I am now so don't apologize to me! Keep on keepin on!