Monday, July 21, 2008

Eating Steps

Last week was an interesting week in the Blake household. Long story short, we had to take Addie to the doctor and we found out that she is not gaining enough weight...yes, the cheeks fooled us too. So, we were advised to try giving her oatmeal amoung many other things. I was excited to give it to her and interested in how she would respond. So, trying to feed, entertain, and capture this all on camera and video, Addie successfully had her first bites of food. She knew exactly what to do and opened her mouth like a champ. After a few bites she was over it but each day she is liking it more and more.




The next thing we tried giving her was some formula. I had not idea how this would go since some babies HATE it. I assumed that she would be one of those, but I was wrong. Grammy had the honors and gave her 2 ounces to start and Addie downed it in seriously 1 minutes and started crying for more. I quickly mixed another 2 ounces and again it was gone. I have to admit that I got excited that she will take formula if needed. I felt like I had some more freedom to go places since I call breast milk "liquid gold" and I don't want to have to use it unless it's for weddings. I had to say, Addie amazes me every day.


1 comment:

forevermoores said...

she's so precious - so glad she is eating so great! xoxo